Updated: March 21, 2023
Location: Mexico-Latin America - MEX-Home-Based
Job ID: 22007115
Patient Engagement Lead
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Leads the development, preparation, approval and distribution of materials relating to Patient Engagement tactics from sponsor contracting through to closure of Patient Engagement activities. .
• Leads the discussion and collaborates with study specific functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues pertaining to successful patient enrollment. Interpret data to make sound and justifiable business decisions and ensure solutions are documented and agreed.
• Collaborates with study team to define and lead community outreach activities, including, but not limited to advocacy group liaison, attendance at local chapter events.
• Acts as main POC and SME for Patient Engagement, communicating with client to provide timely project updates and project related fiscal information. Collaborates with contracts and proposals development, project management, and clinical management to achieve contractual and financial project goals within specified timelines and high quality.
• Develops initial PEP (Patient Engagement Plan)or reviews and provide feedback of first draft Patient Engagement Plan developed by assigned Patient Engagement Specialist (PES).. Takes responsibility for periodic review of all subsequent updates as per scope of work.
• Proactively identify the most appropriate vendor solution for the study and indication and per protocol specifics. Ensure vendor is qualified and contracted per Syneos Health SOPs/Wis and is loaded into applicable finance systems. Identify and independently resolve vendor related issues with LM notification. Provide updates regarding vendor issues during both regional and Global team calls.
• Ensures all project deliverables meet customer expectations including contracted deliverables, provision of accurate projections, reports and updates, together with ongoing risk assessment and proactive mitigation strategies. Completes and documents scope changes.
• Contributes to departmental growth through internal and external business development opportunities either through support of pre-award opportunities or PE (patient engagement) consultation for existing projects already awarded to Syneos Health.
• Serves as a mentor and/or provides project management oversight to more junior staff.
• Leads or participates in change initiatives across and within the Site & Patient Access Business Unit.
What we’re looking for
• BA/BS in the biological sciences or related discipline in the natural sciences/health care field (e.g. RN)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications), email, and internet
• Strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills, as well as a team oriented approach
• Excellent verbal, written, communication and time management skills
• Ability to multitask under tight deadlines on several projects with specific and unique requirements, while providing attention to detail and high quality work
• Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, work independently, as well as work as part of a team in a matrix environment
• Strong study-level and department-level operational experience with a track record of leadership and a willingness to challenge yourself to meet study, department, and company goals.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Discover what our 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: