Updated: April 2, 2023
Location: Spain-Europe - ESP-Home-Based (Barcelona)
Job ID: 23002179
Patient Engagement Specialist
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
• Assists PE Lead in the development, preparation, approval and distribution of materials relating to Patient Engagement tactics from initial concept through to closure of Patient Engagement activities.
• Assists PE Leads with the initial set-up and ongoing management of all tracking tools and assumes responsibility for ensuring all tracking systems are appropriately updated.
• Collaborates with the study team to ensure all Patient Engagement tactics are approved prior to distribution and appropriately utilized by study staff.
• Requires occasional communication with client, project manager, project team, and study sites to address and resolve issues with projects.
• Assists with initial development of the Patient Engagement Plan and takes responsibility for maintaining all subsequent updates as per scope of work, when suitably trained.
• Coordinates all patient recruitment materials regulatory/Ethics Committee/Ministry of Health submissions and approvals with the regulatory leads for national and global studies.
• Manages selected vendor partners in accordance with awarded indirect budget and escalates issues to PE Lead as needed.
• Provides input to PE Lead to assist with PE related change orders for assigned projects ensuring any out of scope activities are escalated to PE Lead prior to implementing.
What we’re looking for
• BA/BS in the biological sciences or related discipline in the natural sciences/health care
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications), email, and internet
• Strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills, as well as a team oriented approach
• Excellent verbal, written, communication and time management skill.
• Ability to multitask under tight deadlines on several projects with specific and unique requirements, while providing attention to detail and high quality work
• Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, work independently, as well as work as part of a team in a matrix environment. Bilingual skills preferred
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Discover what our 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: