Updated: December 4, 2023
Location: United States
Job ID: 23007107
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
Develops and fosters relationships with key decision-makers at biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies with complementary development pipelines to secure business opportunities for the Company in an assigned geographical location.
· Analyzes industry activity with the assistance of Senior Directors and Vice President, develops annual business plan for specific market segments and assigned accounts. Participates with management in the development and implementation of the sales plan which will include forecasting territory sales and activity objectives. Reviews annual business plan on a quarterly basis to determine where adjustments may be required.
· Plans and implements monthly objectives of the sales action plan, including budgeting of time and resources, and communicates with staff, as appropriate, to achieve sales action goals and objectives.
· Develops account strategies for all appropriate clients. Anticipates and identifies client challenges, real and perceived, and partners with the appropriate operations team leader to provide solutions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
· Maintains up-to-date and accurate records within the salesforce.com database, for accounts (active and targeted) within geographic territory. This includes items such as account profiles, individual contact details, opportunities, and communications.
· Maintains current professional level of knowledge in client specific related therapies to serve as a basis for providing “value added” expanded Company services to all appropriate clients.
· Participates in weekly updates of new activities in the assigned territory to management and the Business Development team, with urgent and important issues being shared with management as they arise.
What we’re looking for
· Experience working in a sales/relationship building role with experience within the Clinical Trial Industry with in-depth experience and knowledge of Pharma Industry is a MUST
· BA/BS degree in a related field (business/life sciences preferred)
· Strong at opening new opportunities as well as sourcing opportunities
· Strong sales skills with a proven track record as an individual contributor
· Excellent communication, effective presentation, and organizational skills
· Collaborative with a commitment to collaboration within and across departments. Provide clear direction and accountabilities with strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple priorities
· Strong motivational and influence skills
· Excellent skills using MS Office Suite and Google Applications
· Up to 30% travel for company meetings, client meetings and industry conferences, as needed
· Experience working in CRM (i.e., salesforce)
· Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Discover what our 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: