Updated: December 4, 2023
Location: United States-North America - USA-California-Home-Based
Job ID: 23007111
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
The Technology & Data Solutions (TDS) business unit is the Syneos Health accelerator for life sciences innovation. TDS houses our advanced technology acquisitions, homegrown products & applications, actively participates in new M&A and partnership activities, delivers critical insights as part of our integrated strategy for customers and drives enterprise-wide adoption and change management for innovative tech & data solutions. Our work supports getting meaningful new medicines to patients faster, with greater positive impact. The Manager, Project Management supports our business goals by overseeing the project management teams that partner within our business unit (engineers, data scientists and media experts) to deliver projects on time and within budget in support of our customers and their needs.
· Manage teams of Project Managers. Responsibilities include line management, performance management, and professional development for those employees along with interviewing and onboarding new team members.
· The Manager, Project Management will oversee the team that will plan and manage delivery of the team’s line-up of data science products as well as custom analytical projects for Life Sciences customers, ensuring that deadlines and requirements are met.
· Thoroughly understand clients’ business needs and translate them into technical and analytical requirements. Prioritize the requirements and clearly communicate them to team members.
· Lead the team that works with the data scientists and engineers to draft requirements, statements of work, budget estimates, scope definitions, timelines, risk mitigation plans and supplier line-ups.
· Develop and manage project reports, plans, milestones, risks, issues, dependencies, resourcing, communications, legal, and financial issues.
· Prioritize work for internal teams; provide direction for junior team members to achieve client goals.
· Perform and supervise routing and approval process for deliverables.
· Set up tools and processes to facilitate communication and collaboration between team members.
· Work with internal and external clients on identifying unresolved business needs to guide the team’s product strategy.
· Develop scalable, repeatable processes and suggest additional enhancements to drive efficiency for future customers and project teams.
· Build relationships with internal and external partners and contribute to future success with client satisfaction.
· Mentor and coach junior team members across the business.
What we’re looking for
· Degree (BS/BA) in any related field.
· Project management experience delivering data science or analytics products to paying clients on time and on budget.
· Experience leading a high performing team and working across multiple stakeholders to deliver results while educating and growing team members.
· Expert knowledge of project management tools and best practices. PMP certification is a plus.
· Understanding of how data science models are developed.
· Clear, precise communication of complex concepts to lay audiences.
· Strong motivation for self-guided learning with strong attention to detail.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Discover what our 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: