Customer Contract Quality Control, Principal I
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Analytically reviews the more complex budget tools and contractual materials from a Syneos Health, customer and audit perspective to ensure the highest possible quality of output. Proactively works with contract analysts to refine deliverables in accordance with existing QC checklists and company policies.
- Evaluates all budget commentary to ensure a clear, concise, and robust narrative. Assesses validity of study pricing and suitability of budgets prior to customer delivery. Ensures consistency between pricing tools, budget grids, payment schedules and all contractual documentation.
- Utilizes QC checklists to perform a thorough review of Change Order, Change Notification Form and Ballpark documentation to ensure quality and consistency. Ensures all legal entities and defined terms are correct, appropriate, and applied consistently throughout documents. Validates the presence and accuracy of inflation language if applicable.
- Maintains a high level of flexibility and adaptability. Proactively creates and revises priorities as the need arises whilst working toward standard cycle times of review. Supports the Change Order process through expeditious reviews and the provision of concise feedback. Identifies and raises issues before they become critical and adjusts quickly to the changes of a dynamic organization.
- Ensures adherence to Contract Management systems by reviewing records during the QC process. Reviews these systems to drive compliance with both GDCM and Syneos Health reporting processes and approval policies.
- Evaluates the performance of analysts within the GDCM group by assessing the quality of materials submitted for QC and providing performance feedback monthly.
- Updates and maintains departmental template and process documents.
- Leads QC training for the Customer Contracting Solutions group as needed.
- Assists with audit inquiries as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS degree in a Business Administration or Finance with a minimum of 6 years’ experience preferably in budgeting, finance, proposal development and/or contracts management within a clinical research/pharmaceutical environment; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must be customer centric, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Flexibility in responding to job demands.
- Have excellent problems solving skills and outstanding attention to detail. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines and possess strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and understanding of costing models.
- Ability to review and interpret budgets.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and manager.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with management guidance and oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible attitude toward new and/or unconventional work assignments. Ability to consistently perform and deliver a high-quality work product.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of clinical trial proposal process and budget management.
- Professional ability to interact with individuals at all levels and different personalities.
- Proficiency in mathematics, written language, and ability to work with both budgets and text.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.