Project Financial Analyst I
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Supports Business Unit Controller:
- Records revenue each month for Unit, Fee for Service and Fixed Price contracts; Assignments include complex contracts/projects.
- Loads project budgets into Oracle/Revenue Wizard and maintaining key member lists (project set up) and other project data in Oracle and associated systems and schedules.
- Prepares project level actual versus budget/forecast variance analysis monthly as well as monthly reports for distribution in analyzing monthly results.
- Coordinates monthly forecasting of financial results (backlog);
- Meets established deadlines for Revenue and Backlog submittals.
- Timely preparation of project close out reconciliations including issue identification and resolution;
- Serves as a key contact point for interpretation and investigation of financial results in assigned area for Project Mangers, Project Leads and Business Unit Heads.
- Run P&Ls (Profit and Loss), G/L (General Ledger) account details, and Project level reports in order to investigate and resolve anomalies and unusual trends; and
- Reviews executed and proposed Contracts, Letter Agreements, Work Orders, Change Orders and other contract information as assigned. Approves pending Change Orders for assigned studies.
- Captures, assesses and consolidates results; and Prepares key reports such as annual cost and expense budgets, cost rates, cost and expense forecasting, monthly utilization, resourcing requirements, headcount, revenue backlog analysis, and/or gross profit for assigned area;
- Analyzes monthly results and assists Business Unit Controller (BUC) in reviews with Business Unit Heads to evaluate performance on a monthly basis.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process including the creation and/or review of budget versus actual numbers; and Produces ad hoc reports independently.
- Responsible for working capital management for assigned Business Unit
- Fully manages a program of multiple complex studies
- Attends project meetings to capture and process relevant data for set up of newly awarded projects onto financial systems and schedules as assigned.
- Identifies and implements controls, efficiencies, and procedures to ensure financial information is reported accurately and timely for group deadlines.
- Leads miscellaneous projects such as assessing and designing changes to processes; assists/leads new system implementation and testing; analyzes unique financial anomalies.
- Provides financial insights to business growth trends and profitability in assigned area. Offers methods and ideas for improving results.
- Assists BUC in leading Financial Analyst I, II, and III, provides on-the-job training, mentors, and provides issue resolution.
- Monitors the overall health of assigned projects including but not limited to revenues, gross profit, receivables, and unbilled amounts as well as project close outs and reconciliations.
- Acts as back up for Manager of PFA team in supporting and responding to requests received from project managers and others as needed.
- May assist with training more junior team members
What we’re looking for:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent education and experience. Pharmaceutical or CRO experience preferred.
- Strong English proficiency.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Proficiency with accounting software packages is necessary and experience with Oracle Finance is preferred.
- Requires exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Excellent financial, communication, and interpersonal skills are as well as a high level of personal motivation to achieve.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data is required.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines and provide leadership to less senior staff.
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.