Meet Our Experts
Patrick Nealon, Executive Vice President and General Manager Oncology Clinical Development
- Patrick Nealon has 30 years of global clinical development experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device industries.
- Patrick worked in the hospital laboratory (hematology, blood bank, clinical chemistry and microbiology) for 9 years before starting his career in the pharma industry.
- Patrick joined Syneos Health in 2019 and is responsible to drive the Oncology business through the creation of appropriate therapeutic strategies and to ensure execution and quality deliverables for our Syneos Health customers.
Jennifer Harris, Vice President, Clinical Development and Global Head of Immuno-Oncology
- Jennifer Harris serves as head for the Immuno-Oncology (IO) business at Syneos Health. In this role, Harris is responsible for IO strategy and scientific support for the project portfolio.
- Throughout her 25-year career focused in oncology, Harris has also held clinical positions at major academic centers, the NIH clinical center and held scientific roles within biotech and large pharma.
- Over the past 10 years, Harris has focused primarily on the rapidly expanding field of immuno-oncology. Her pharma experience includes work at Merck & Co, GSK, Dendreon and other oncology focused biotech.
Gijsbert Veerman, Vice President, Clinical Development and Head of Early Phase Oncology
- Gijsbert Veerman, BSc, heads our Oncology Early Phase Development team and is the current interim head of our Immuno-Oncology Segment.
- Gijsbert joined Syneos Health in 2005 through the acquisition of NDDO Oncology and has 8 years experience in pre-clinical research in oncology and over 20 years of experience in clinical research: starting in data management, then moving to Clinical Project Management and portfolio oversight.
- He is currently leading Early Phase Oncology Development providing strategy and study design input to customers for early phase oncology studies including First in Human studies making the translation from lab to the clinic.
Andrew Dickinson, Vice President, Clinical Development and Head of Targeted Therapies
- Andrew Dickinson is based in Cheshire UK and has 30 years clinical development experience across both pharma and CRO organisations in both line and program management roles.
- Prior to joining Syneos Health, Andrew spent 18 years with AstraZeneca working in their late stage oncology business unit as a Clinical Project team leader across several assets as well as the Clinical operations leader for the immuno-oncology division.
- Andrew joined Syneos Health in May 2018 and is currently the head of our Targeted Therapies Segment within the Oncology and Hematology Business Unit.
5 Avenida del Partenón
28042 Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid