Meet Our Experts
Patrick Nealon, Executive Vice President and General Manager Oncology Clinical Development
- Patrick Nealon has 30 years of global clinical development experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device industries.
- Patrick worked in the hospital laboratory (hematology, blood bank, clinical chemistry and microbiology) for 9 years before starting his career in the pharma industry.
- Patrick joined Syneos Health in 2019 and is responsible to drive the Oncology business through the creation of appropriate therapeutic strategies and to ensure execution and quality deliverables for our Syneos Health customers.
Gijsbert Veerman, VP, Clinical Development and Head of Early Phase Oncology
- Gijsbert Veerman, BSc, heads our Oncology Early Phase Development team and is the current interim head of our Immuno-Oncology Segment.
- Gijsbert joined Syneos Health in 2005 through the acquisition of NDDO Oncology and has 8 years experience in pre-clinical research in oncology and over 20 years of experience in clinical research: starting in data management, then moving to Clinical Project Management and portfolio oversight.
- He is currently leading Early Phase Oncology Development providing strategy and study design input to customers for early phase oncology studies including First in Human studies making the translation from lab to the clinic.
Andrew Dickinson, VP, Clinical Development and Head of Targeted Therapies
- Andrew Dickinson is based in Cheshire UK and has 30 years clinical development experience across both pharma and CRO organisations in both line and program management roles.
- Prior to joining Syneos Health, Andrew spent 18 years with AstraZeneca working in their late stage oncology business unit as a Clinical Project team leader across several assets as well as the Clinical operations leader for the immuno-oncology division.
- Andrew joined Syneos Health in May 2018 and is currently the head of our Targeted Therapies Segment within the Oncology and Hematology Business Unit.
Nicholas Kenny, Chief Scientific Officer, Syneos Health
- Nick has over 21 years of experience in clinical development and consulting. Passionate about rapidly moving compelling new science for unmet medical needs through the development process to arrive at early and innovative decisions.
- He has been with the company since 2006 where he grew and led the Oncology team until moving to the CSO role in 2018 where he oversees the Medical Team for Syneos Health, the Consortia Models for e.g. Rare Diseases and Cell and Gene Therapies and is a leader on Governance for our Dynamic Assembly of cutting edge data assets. Drives Thought Leadership for the company.
- Nick is also a senior representative to the Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative (CTTI) Steering Committee on behalf of Syneos Health.
- His early career was in biomedical research in the UK, US and Canada, and he was on faculty at the University of Vermont Medical School for several years.
2301 South King Drive, South Loop
Chicago, IL 60616