Meet Our Experts
Patrick Melvin, Vice President, Therapeutic Area Head, Hematology/Oncology
- Patrick Melvin has managed malignant and non-malignant hematology programs, ranging from first-in-human studies through global phase III programs, for the last 22 years. This hematology experience spans all of the major hematologic indications including many rare indications and rare sub-types.
- His early phase hematology experience includes multiple variations of early phase designs, including PK/PD studies, traditional dose-escalating maximum tolerated dose studies, and many novel/adaptive early phase study designs.
- His later phase study experience includes extensive global experience in hematology, including full Clinical Development Plan management with customers in the US, EU/CEE, Latin America, and Asia.
- Over the last five years, much of Patrick’s focus has been in working with customers to launch and manage novel trial designs (including umbrella/master trials, basket trials) for novel hematology indications (I/O, CAR-T, and other cell and gene therapies).
- Patrick is a charter member of the Cell and Gene Therapy Consortium at Syneos Health, and consults with many customers in this space.
Peter Robinson, Vice President, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Cell and Gene Therapy
- Peter joined Syneos Health in May 2018 taking on the Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) consortium lead role as well as managing some corporate alliances.
- He has 20+ years experience in clinical research
- 10+ years working in cell and gene therapy, including acting as the project manager/program oversight on the first global phase III stem cell trials
- Has built partnerships with multiple CGT companies of varying sizes and development stages
- Familiar with all aspects of clinical trials:
- Starting as a CRA and moving to Project Management and Alliance Management as his career progressed.
- Worked in Oncology for several years and then built and managed partnerships with key customers.
Ann Collins, Vice President, Clinical Development
- Ann has over 20 years of experience in oncology drug clinical development.
- Ann is a proven leader in oncology global clinical program development, having been a sponsor lead for high-level FDA and EMA clinical/regulatory interaction (IND, EOP2, pre-NDA and ODAC) in hematologic malignancies.
- Through her experience in biopharmaceutical clinical trials and strategic development Ann has therapeutic and clinical/regulatory expertise in oncology as well as excellent working relationships with global key opinion leaders and cooperative groups dedicated to research in those areas.
Mon, Sep 14, 09:00 am to Thu, Sep 17, 06:00 pm