We are here to listen, collaborate and be agile as we navigate this global health crisis together. During this time, we continue to look ahead and evolve our ways of working, ensuring that our processes, people and innovative technologies enable the continued development and delivery of medicines to patients worldwide.
Explore this page to learn more about our preparedness, resources and perspectives on COVID-19.
During this challenging time we are committed to frequent, clear communication about the steps we are taking in response to the COVID-19 crisis, with the goal of ensuring that the vital work of delivering new therapies to patients continues.
- 5.18.2020 & 5.25.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Pulse
- 4.27.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Pulse
- 4.20.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Pulse
- 4.13.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Pulse
- 4.7.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Maps
- 4.6.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Pulse
- 4.3.2020 | Press Release: Syneos Health Responds to COVID-19 Public Health Challenge by Joining Call to Action to Activate Clinically-Qualified Healthcare Professionals
- 3.30.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Pulse
- 3.24.2020 | COVID-19 Business Continuity Planning Foundational Report
- 3.17.2020 | Our Connected Community: Syneos Health Response to COVID-19
Supporting Monitoring Continuity
Keeping clinical trials running during a pandemic requires utilization of all the remote monitoring tools and technologies at our disposal to maintain data quality, support clinical sites and keep patients safe.
- Article: Clinical Operations in the Age of a Pandemic
- Webinar: Implementing Remote Clinical Trial Monitoring to Ensure Continuity of Trials and Data Preservation – While Keeping Patients Safe
Infectious Disease Expertise
Clinical trials to test vaccines and treatments during a pandemic demand extreme speed in start-up, a rapid operational tempo and access to subjects in high-risk areas for the targeted disease.
- Fact Sheet: Accelerating Clinical Development to Address COVID-19
- Syneos Health Infectious Disease and Vaccine Capabilities
Virtual Field Teams
Now more than ever, infrastructure and flexible processes are needed for deploying virtual teams and ensure business continuity through remote engagement.
The Syneos Health Podcast
Our Coronavirus Special Edition Podcast Series explores, from an operational standpoint, the impact of COVID-19 on the biopharmaceutical industry, the challenges for rapid R&D in an outbreak environment, and the opportunities to leverage technology and innovation to address these critical issues.
- Coronavirus Special Edition: The Personal Experience
- Coronavirus Special Edition: The Clinical Experience
- Coronavirus Special Edition: Virtual Clinical Trials
- Coronavirus Special Edition: Clinical Trials Through Pandemics
- Coronavirus Special Edition: Surviving the Ventilator Shortage
- Coronavirus Special Edition: The Leader's Experience
- Coronavirus Special Edition: Continuity in Clinical Trials
For more perspectives on helpful strategies at this time –
from virtual trials to crisis communications:
COVID-19 Special Initiative:
Ventilator Initiative Task Force
A critical shortage of mechanical ventilators is anticipated in many countries, including the United States, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Recent FDA guidance provides for the use existing hospital BiPAP (bi-level positive airway pressure) machines on an emergency basis to spare mechanical ventilation if necessary. Syneos Health has launched the Ventilator Initiative Task Force as a platform for mobilizing awareness and action, and to support healthcare professionals with education, training and research.
- White Paper: Intubated BiPAP Use to Delay Mechanical Ventilation in COVID-19
- Find more information and materials from our Ventilator Initiative here