ERGs focus on our employees and enable our leaders to listen and learn together. Ultimately, they foster a work environment that includes and embraces racial, ethnic, and gender diversity and other individual differences that ultimately allow employees to bring their Total Selves to work. Our ERGs are voluntary, employee led and Company supported. They aim to build community and solve business problems while cultivating leadership skills. Syneos Health employees join ERGs to:
- Enhance career development by seeking out leadership opportunities
- Bolster personal growth by participating in formal programs like mentoring
- Drive business results and influence our policies, programs and other DE&I efforts
Click into each tab below to learn more about each ERG
Black Employee Resource Group
500+ members globally focused on recruitment, representation and visibility of Black leaders
- Black / African Americans make up 13% of our workforce in the US and this ERG began mobilizing in Spring 2020 launching in Summer 2020 .
- The group has focused in the last year on driving awareness and sparking change across the business through education events that support a culture where Black employees can thrive.
- The ERG hosts events and educational sessions around Black History Month (US and UK), Juneteenth and Martin Luther King Day, and engages employees through a variety of events such as guest speakers, panels and internal events such as a book club.
- The ERG actively participates in the Mentor program and in the McKinsey Black Leadership Academy (US and EMEA) with continued cohorts planned on an ongoing basis.
Syneos Health Women’s Group
930 members globally focused on advancing the careers of women through achieving work-life presence and enabling personal and professional growth
- The Women’s Group pioneered our ERG efforts at Syneos Health and with an overall population of 67% women globally and 57% of director and above roles filled by women, we consider this a strength.
- Our ERG helps to maintain this strength by engaging women across the globe in a variety of forums and communities.
- Each year the ERG raises awareness around International Women’s Day and partners with corporate through our Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) Rising Stars and Luminary Program.
- In 2021, the ERG has grown globally launching communities across EMEA and India.
LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group
100+ members globally focused on building a safe, inclusive work environment and educating the Syneos Health community on workplace challenges the community faces
- In addition to education and awareness campaigns during Pride month annually, the group launched a pronoun awareness project encouraging colleagues to support in email signatures.
- Employees across the enterprise now showcase their pronouns in email signatures, during panel events and when introducing themselves in meetings.
Veterans Employee Resource Group
70+ active members focused on creating a veteran-friendly environment and partnering with the business to find solutions to hiring and retaining veterans
- Veterans comprise 11% of our workforce in the USs which drives active members across the globe but primarily in the US and UK, is focused on continuing to attract and retain veterans at Syneos Health.
- In 2021, the group launched a hiring initiative within the Clinical Development Solutions business unit and is actively partnering with Talent Acquisition and local veterans organizations.
- Once veterans are hired, they are partnered with an onboarding ‘coach’ and embraced by the veteran community.
Asian Employee Resource Group
- The Asian Resource Group serves as a link to external educational institutions and professional organizations to build a talent pipeline and increase recruitment and retention of Asians / Pacific Islanders / APAC-based employees.
- The ERG increases cultural awareness, sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of Asians / Pacific Islanders / APAC-based employees at Syneos Health.
- The ERG plans and executes virtual and in-person events including but not limited to workshops, seminars, volunteer activities and speaking engagements.
Persons With Disabilities Employee Resource Group
The Persons with Disabilities ERG mission and objectives include:
Decrease the stigma associated with disabilities
- Inform and educate Syneos Employees
- Inclusive and diverse workplace
Solve business problems and build Syneos Community
- Allow employees to join this community
- Share characteristics and/or life experiences
- Improve Syneos Brand and Patient vision
Provide leadership opportunities for employees all around the world
- Drive personal and professional development
- Ultimately drive positive business results for Syneos Health
Developing Professionals Employee Resource Group
The Developing Professionals group strives to provide personal and professional opportunities for guidance and growth.
- The Developing Professionals Group builds a welcoming global community for individuals new to the industry.
- The ERG supports the development and career advancement of Developing Professionals
- The ERG improves awareness of events, programs and trainings for Developing Professionals within SYNH
We are growing our ERG presence globally and adding new ERGs every year. In summer 2021, we’ve added three ERGs – Developing Professionals, Asian, and People with Disabilities – and our Latino ERG is underway. Check back for more information as these groups grow.