Syneos Health Releases 2024 Dealmakers' Intentions Survey
Survey Shows Increased Dealmaking Focus on Antibody-Drug Conjugates, Generative AI Products and Cell & Gene Therapies
January 9, 2023
MORRISVILLE, N.C., Jan. 09, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Syneos Health®, a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization, today released its Dealmakers’ Intentions Survey. Conducted annually, the Survey provides a review of biopharmaceutical dealmakers’ expectations for deal activity in the year ahead.
The 2024 Survey indicates cautious optimism for biopharmaceutical dealmaking, driven by forward-looking Federal Reserve guidance on interest rate stability and large pharma’s intention to fill revenue and pipeline gaps.
“Our research shows an increasing likelihood for biopharmaceutical companies to explore strategic, non-dilutive transactions to further advance their assets,” said Neel Patel, Executive Managing Director, Syneos Health Consulting. “In 2024, we expect dealmakers to look at antibody-drug conjugates, microbiome advances, bispecific antibodies, and machine-learning-enabled products, with sustained interest in cancer vaccines and gene therapies.”
Key Survey findings include:
- A favorable US Corporate Tax Rate and the number of FDA approvals will drive dealmaking.
- Demand for endocrine/metabolic assets, particularly diabetes drugs repositioned as weight-loss and cardiovascular disease solutions, will remain high.
- Antibody-drug conjugates, and machine-learning enabled products – including GenAI and microbiome-related technologies – will be prime acquisition targets.
- Interest in Cell & Gene therapy technologies will remain strong.
To learn more:
- Download the full 2024 Dealmakers’ Intentions Survey.
- Hear more during Neel Patel’s Biotech Showcase Dealmakers’ Intentions Survey presentation on January 9 at 3:30 p.m. PT.
- Submit a request to have a Syneos Health Consulting team member present Survey results and implications for your business.
- Subscribe to the Syneos Health podcast where our experts provide further analysis and insight into Survey results.
About Syneos Health
Syneos Health® is a leading fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization built to accelerate customer success. We translate unique clinical, medical affairs and commercial insights into outcomes to address modern market realities.
We bring together a talented team of professionals, who work across more than 110 countries, with a deep understanding of patient and physician behaviors and market dynamics.
Together we share insights, use the latest technologies and apply advanced business practices to speed our customers’ delivery of important therapies to patients.
Syneos Health supports a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that cares for colleagues, customers, patients, communities and the environment.
To learn more about how we are Shortening the distance from lab to life®, visit syneoshealth.com.
Executive Director, External Communications
+1 908 763 3428